I have a severely handicapped daughter that my husband and I adopted.Well I received a severe neck/spine injury at work leaving me disabled.

My daughter's insurance pays to give us home health aides in our home to help with her for a few hours a day. When I have to have spine surgeries we are given more hours. Called Homewatch caregivers, they sent in a nice woman to help with bath etc, After shewas in our home a few months I found out she was working 3 or 4 hours and putting in for 16 hours a day. The company policy was for her to clock in and out from her cell phone.

She would fill out her time sheets and after I signed them she would change the times using white-out. When I found this out I notified the owner of the company, they wanted me to fax all timesheets and send e-mails letting them know when this woman left. This went on for more than 3 months, this woman getting paid for about 60 hours more a week than what she worked and Homewatch Caregivers collecting more than 60 hours a week from my insurance company. I followed their directions and the owner told me he hadcontacted the insurance company and he would take care of it.

Well he did take care of it alright: He put the aide on a different case and dropped us. I am in need of another spine surgery and I have no help with my daughter, so my surgery is put on hold until we can get another nursing agency to hire employees and they get trained. Homewatch Caregivers does not care about anyone.

Oh Yes, I did contact their Corporate Office and they do not have any rules or policies that their people have to follow.If this man was drowning I would like to throw him a cinderblock to make him go down faster.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being lied to and ripped off.

Had an Experience with HomeWatch Caregivers?

Comments

Was the Owner Kirk Fisher?

to Anonymous #1378569

You are a very knowledgeable person